Monday, December 26, 2011

Yes, my real name is Mimi

Hello. My name is Mimi (really..it is). I have a fondness for good reading, pretty things, strange people, underdogs, talk radio, bacon, dumb jokes, pearls, Alabama football and have a slight addiction to sweet tea.


Ok, no twelve step program for sweet tea addicts, but there darn well should be. Maybe it is the tea that makes all these thoughts stir around and bubble up.  My husband, Mr. Greenjeans, is tired of being the recipient of all this valuable info, so it's going to be typed out on here in grand fashion.


I am always finding great deals that should be shared. And creating something that the average person should not live without. I have more opinions than Carter has liver pills. (how is that for showing your age?) We usually review every restaurant we visit and write about travel experiences. So, this might just be the place all that ends up.


About me-I was born in the south (accent, big hair and all) and have ended up in a little wooded spot about twenty minutes from the gorgeous gulf coast. Being an odd combination of flower child, beach bum, southern belle and Mother Goose, (throw in a dash of redneck farm girl)I somehow found my spot in the sun and got comfortable in my skin. That pretty much means that I like who I am and how I got this way.


Mr. Greenjeans and I have a total of 5 grown kids, 3 of the cutest grandchildren ever birthed, and some of the best friends anyone could ask for. We love to shop, plant things, cook and when we can sneak away, take out the boat or tour an old plantation. We are pretty much perfectly suited and that is a good thing because we are waaay too "unique" for anyone else.


I really like what happens at this stage in life (let's just say I graduated in the 80's and leave it at that). Maybe my survival skills have been sharpened by being a parent. I am somewhere between PTA Meetings and the Mall Walkers Club and I am finding that there is SO much to do and experience.


I would love to have input on the things that I will share and hope that you are as entertained at this life as I am.





No comments:

Post a Comment